Thursday, June 17, 2010

Surrender


I have a hard time being sick. There are so many things that fill my life. I don't want to miss out on anything!

Yet that is exactly how I get sick. Trying to do everything.

My word for this year is Surrender. A word I chose with the intent that I will not plan, schedule and fill up my year with so many activities and goals. Instead I want this year to be one of going with the flow, following my intuition and seeing what comes along. A year of letting go in a way.

Half way into the year I'm busier than ever. And even though I didn't plan out the year in January, I've managed to fill it up quite easily as each month speeds by.

Apparently slowing down does not come naturally to me. And so my body takes over and helps me along.

I get sick.

And I am forced to slow down. To cancel plans. To stay home.

So I am reminded that my word for this year is Surrender: I hereby surrender to this awful cold. I hereby surrender to forces greater than me. I hereby surrender to a slower pace.

Willingly? Ha ha.

Okay, I'm learning.

I Surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment